Monday, February 22, 2010
10. No School on Monday--we got to sleep in!!!
9. Lost Daisy, but found her again 24 hours-plus later!
8. Mother/Daughter Relief Society Meeting with Debbie West Coon! It was so inspiring!
7. Date Night!!!
6. Yay for vacuums! Coming home from date night to find the upstairs loft covered in hamster food, toothpaste in the carpet, and deoderant rubbed all over the television set! Yahoo!!!
5. Listening to Michael practice the bass into the late hours of the night!
4. Hailey writes a song!
3. Audrey finishes all of her homework early, and so has no homework for the entire week!
2. The Olympics!!!!!
1. Hailey wins 2nd place at the CAC Middle School Math Competition (out of 10 schools). And her school came in 3rd!!!
What a week!!!!
Friday, February 19, 2010
LIFE IS HARD!!!
So there you have it in a nutshell. I am having a hard time being a parent. I feel so inadequate and alone sometimes. I really don't have too many friends out here, and most of the people I know are half my age and their biggest issue is potty-training. Teenagers are a whole 'nother can of worms. I feel like a miserable failure as a mother!
On the up side--we are seriously considering moving to the property. Even without the big house done. We would move into the little house as soon as Steve can get it finished, and live in it until we could get the big house built. Hopefully only about a year or so. It depends how the house flipping goes. I guess I can't call him Farm Boy anymore. Maybe Bob Villa?